Monday, June 8, 2009

Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes



Ahhh! Just in time for summer reading is Robin Jones Gunn's latest entry in the Sisterchicks series. Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes is I believe the 8th book in this best selling line. Each one features a set of friends who make a new adventure for themselves and this one doesn't fail to deliver. It's probably my favorite since the very first one.

Summer and Noelle have been pen pals for years. Once Noelle moved to Holland Summer wasn't sure she'd ever get the chance to meet her lifelong friend face to face. A questionable mammogram helps her make a snap decision to visit her friend and with her husbands blessings she jets off to the land of windmills, tulips and wooden shoes.

I really enjoyed learning a little about Dutch traditions, especially in regards to birthdays (although, I must say that I like the way WE do them better!)

If you're looking for a light summer read then this book is perfect for you. I can't wait to see what adventures Robin dreams up next as she continues her Sisterchicks collection!

You can find more info on this book here.

OH! And congrats to RUTH who won a copy of Safe at Home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch, Suzanne!!! Gee, I can't figure out how I ever won!
LOL ;)
Ruth

Robin Jones Gunn said...

Thanks for the wonderful review, Suzanne! I'm so glad you enjoyed this little story.

I's love for you to come by my website and sign my guestbook!
www.robingunn.com

With much joy!
Robin

Anonymous said...

Now I need to find out how they celebrate birthday!

RBD