Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation Week

If you blog about books you'll want to register your blog here for Book Blogger Appreciation Week. You could win a prize!

And then you can play along and post your own answers to this meme (which I borrowed from a friend....she knows who she is!)

You can also participate in this fun reading meme!

Pick ONE or answer them all in as few words as possible! Be creative, have fun, stand out! That’s all!


Do you snack while you read? sometimes

If so, favorite reading snack?
popcorn

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I never ever mark a book unless I plan to keep it forever and then I'll write my name in it.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
I use whatever kind of bookmark I can, grocery receipt, gum wrapper, official bookmark, post-it note...but I don't ever fold a page over, that's almost criminal.

Laying the book flat open?
Not sure what you mean by this. I don't leave it laying around open, it must be closed or the cover gets all bendy.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Mostly fiction.

Hard copy or audiobooks? Audio books are only for LONG car rides....thank God I don't do those anymore!

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
I try to read to the end of chapters but have been so busy lately that sometimes I can only read to the end of the next paragraph.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
Nope, I just keep right on reading. I don't think I've ever looked up a word (when reading a book)

What are you currently reading?
Just finished Angela Hunt's "She's in a Better Place" (like 5 minutes ago....) so I'm currently not reading anything. That'll change as soon as I get home.

What is the last book you bought?
I can't remember.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
I like to only read one at a time but lately I've been reading several (especially when I need to review one QUICK!)

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
ANYTIME is a good time to read.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
It doesn't matter to me.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
I generally always recommend Francine Rivers "Redeeming Love"

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) Pretty much in the order I want to read them. I have three shelves full, top shelf is high priority. Then there's the other shelf, it's for books I need to review.

No comments: