Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

Donald Miller is back with another installment of life as he sees it. A Million Miles in a Thousand Years takes us through a period of time when he meets up with movie execs and they start writing out his life story for a film. When he comes face to face with the realization that they have to change things to make it a better story he decide to make his entire life a better story and shakes things up a bit.

This is the first I've read from Donald Miller. I know, I know....I'm a little late on the bandwagon, but you all know that I prefer fiction.

Yes, this book is inspiring and it challenges the reader to get out of the routine and to live life bigger than you have before, but I found it to be quite a bit of rambling.

Would I recommend it? Sure, it has many valid points and could really help people who are "stuck" to get up and get going. Will I seek out another book by this author? Probably not. Just isn't my cup of tea.

No comments: