Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thin Places by Mary E. DeMuth

Imagine the worst possible things that a little girl could experience. Imagine grief, confusion, anger and fear. Then awaken to all of it and find healing, peace, freedom and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. This is the story of Mary E. DeMuth as written in her memoir Thin Places.

Most of this book made me ache for the innocence that was stolen from her as a child and ache even more knowing that this heartache is going on all around us in the lives of numerous silent children. Mary reveals her dark secrets in the hopes that her experiences will help others deal with their tragedies and hopefully find Jesus, as she did.

Very deep and sometimes so sad that I had to turn away to digest what I was reading. It reminds me of the evil in the world and the hope that we all find in Christ. I thank God that He continues to heal Mary and I pray that others find hope and healing in the pages of her book. Thank you Mary for the courage to write what may be a lifeline to others.

This book was given to me by the author to review. You can find it here. For more information about Mary visit her website.

1 comment:

Mary DeMuth said...

Thank you for such an honest review. I so appreciate it.