Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Heart Most Worthy by Siri Mitchell

A Heart Most Worthy by Siri Mitchell has affirmed my love for this author. It started out with a list of characters for people who may get confused when reading the book. My heart sank a little when I saw the warning and the list. I find books with many characters to be too much for my brain. I get distracted and disinterested when I'm overwhelmed with who's who.

This book was not that way at all. First of all, it's written in a unique point of view which I found to be delightful. It's written almost as if someone is telling you the story, talking directly to you. Trust me on this, it works.


The thing that I noticed about this novel is that you can watch the characters grow. Each of the four main female characters is a new woman by the end of the book, very refreshing. Truly a lovely book, heartwarming and informative. My grandfather was an Italian immigrant during the time in which this story takes place so it was interesting to learn what some of his struggles may have been.


From the back cover:


In 1918 Boston, three seamstresses dare to dream of a better life.


Fiery Julietta pursues love recklessly.


Shy Annamaria falls for the wrong man.


Secretive Luciana's past endangers them all.


Drawn together amid the opulance of Madame Fortier's dress shop, will each find the fairy-tale ending she seeks?


Thanks, Siri, for this CLEAN READ!!


Thanks to Bethany House Publishers for this review copy.

No comments: