Wednesday, January 1, 2014

This is Your Captain Speaking by Gavin MacLeod


I've enjoyed biographies and autobiographies for years but rarely come across any anymore that intrigue me. When I saw this one I knew it would be worth reading. I just didn't realize that it would be as interesting as it was.
This is Your Captain Speaking by Gavin MacLeod was an honest, in depth look at the life of an author that anyone over the age of 40 should recognize. I knew him as Captain Stubing from The Love Boat. Before that role he was popular from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and before that, many films and television shows. 
What I didn't realize about him was that he is a fellow believer. This book showcases not only his life before Christ, but also how he found the Lord, mended a broken marriage, and became an outspoken Christian.
This was fascinating reading, and a perfect book to take with me on a recent out-of-town trip, where I only had bits of time to read.
I recommend it, it was refreshing and insightful.

This book was provided for review by Booksneeze.

 

No comments: